Catalyst 2017: Elevate
Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone who is in real trouble. Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
David and Jonathan. Paul and Barnabas. Jesus and Peter. The Bible shares incredible stories of deep and life-changing friendships. Jonathan surrendered his claim to the throne of Israel in support of David. Barnabas introduced Paul to the apostles. Jesus encouraged Peter despite his knowledge of Peter’s forthcoming denials.
These examples remind us of the importance of friends in our lives. The voice of a friend encourages and corrects. The wisdom of a friend protects and advises. The service of a friend humbles and inspires. It is in our friendships we find unknown strength and grit. It is these types of friendships that allow us to elevate beyond the circumstances of life’s challenges.
Catalyst, The Global Orphan Project’s annual men’s retreat, is a time of concentrated reflection on what it means to be a man of God. As part of the retreat, old and new friends share about the opportunities and challenges of manhood, encouraging each other on their respective journeys. The weekend also features the real-life stories of men who have been transformed by their relationship with Jesus Christ. Wherever you are on your spiritual journey, there is something for you on the mountainside.
For this year’s retreat, we return to Bear Trap Ranch, a beautiful 30-acre property just outside of Colorado Springs, CO. The retreat includes time for resting, hiking, mountain climbing, and, above all else, fellowship among friends.
So join us! This year’s retreat promises to offer a rewarding journey into the fight for manhood. Let us put aside the distractions of everyday life for a weekend to reflect upon the Lord’s heart for men.
Dates: June 22-25, 2017 (Check-in Thursday evening; wrap-up Sunday mid-morning)
Location: Bear Trap Ranch, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Price: $450 (tax-deductible*)
Participants: limited to 60
Here is what past participants have said about past GO Adventures retreats:
• “This was the best Christian retreat ever. Believe me, I’ve been on many.”
• “This retreat definitely challenged me, which is exactly what I signed up for! Thanks again for all of your work! I can say it was the best retreat I have ever been to.”
• “Every speaker hit the ball out of the park. What an incredible weekend. Mike Fox set the tone for the weekend with his amazing honesty.”
• “It was a great retreat. My relationship with my son is SO MUCH deeper than it was. My relationship with a good friend has just gone to the next level. My relationship with my wife is even better.”
• “It was a great trip. Would do it again in a heartbeat. Still processing what I learned and am still learning about myself.”
• “That was definitely the best men’s retreat I have been to. Clearly, it pushed me to ‘cave in’ fully, and not keep one foot in the boat and one on the land. I’m done with all that goes along with that.”
• “This was one of the most meaningful times in my life. Going deep, surrendering to the Lord, confessing my brokenness in a place of love and support, and leaving the weekend encouraged and hopeful.”
• “It was a very rich time and I feel fuller of God than I have felt for a long time.”
*A substantial portion of your Adventure cost is a tax deductible contribution to The Global Orphan Project.